Monday, December 8

Life Advice

This is worth a blog post. Just by tweeting it seems to not do justice for it. 

Well, it seems like ages had passed since the last time I had the chance to really listen to my dad. So..

I feel so blessed that I get to go back to my grandmother's place on the weekend, where my dad seems to be the happiest. He waited for me until midnight, prepared food for me and even waited to apply medicine for me. 

As usual, a person who can't tolerate pain, me, shouted when he applied the medication on my wounds. 
Softly, he suddenly said to me.
"Try to learn how to tolerate pain. You must slowly control yourself to not show your pain. Remember, Do not show your pain to others. Two reasons. The persons who hate you, would be much happy when they see your pain. Where else, the persons who love you, would be sad when they see your pain. So, why would you want to show the pain you are suffering?"

In the beginning, I wasn't taking what he is saying seriously because I was just in the pain of my wounds. Quite till the end, I noticed my dad is telling me this with a tone I had not heard for a long time. The strong words with a soft and caring tone. 

My daddy, will always be irreplaceable.


No comments: